Monday, January 25, 2010

Report Cards

As a student that struggled with grades, especially Math, I have looked at the report card as more of an ongoing progress chart. That's not to say I have no expectations. I expect each child to perform within their spectrum. No conduct issues are acceptable.

Reagan has maintained a steady stream of S's. Which is Satisfactory. Meaning great for 1st grade. Reid has struggled with Math & Science. Boy can I relate. Tutoring has helped & so now we have all 80-100's with our math grade being the best improvement. Going from a 65 to a 90!! I know how hard he worked for that 90 so it means more to us. Going in early everyday for 6 weeks paid off well. Reid is proud of himself too which is the most important thing.

Reagan is the Student of the Week at school. Which means we made a huge poster outlining his interests & fun facts. He gets special attention from his friends & teacher. I get to read his favorite books to his class & he will get an awesome crown made of cardboard. Yay!! So all in all a great week for the Howard clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment