Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fuggiddabout it

I want to know how it's possible for children that can memorize video game levels to forget what to do every...single...morning. Here's the deal. They stagger out of bed every morning & go to the couch. I remind them breakfast is on the table. They proceed to stagger to the table. Protests begin. "I wanted cereal, not waffles." "I wanted apple juice, not orange juice." I remind them I don't care. They decide to eat. After that is over it's time to brush teeth, put on clothes & go to school. What happens is they disperse in every direction. I threaten to take away privileges. They start putting on clothes; aka wrestle time with your brother. Stealing socks, laughing at stuck heads in shirts. Good times. Always a bonus if farting is involved. With three boys that is frequently the case. I take away a privileges & we're back on track. Then it's medicine time, hair fixing, lunch passing out & backpacks. This always makes me question WHY they even put the yellow gummy vitamins in the container? I have like 3 bottles w/ nothing but yellow gummy vitamins. I use it as a secret punishment. Whichever kid has been the biggest problem gets it. Moving along, whoever is line leader announces so several times as they elbow their way to the front door. Now it's time to go to the car. Who could forget that? My kids. Running like a wild herd to the car they drop stuff, try to pass "the leader". I'm still locking the front door & round the corner into complete chaos. By now I'm cursing myself because they don't ride the freakin' bus. I could be rid of them by now. While I buckle Rowan in his carseat Reagan has forgotten how to buckle his seat belt. I explain it...again. Reid is jacking with the radio & laughing at Reagan. Rowan is upset that he dropped his train & nobody can reach it. Now we're in the home stretch. I take the kids to school silently telling myself it's almost over. They hop out @ school & I exhale. If I could peel out I would. Instead the mental count down begins & Rowan & I head home. What are your mornings like? Better, worse or the same? If they're better, please lie.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I loved this post! Farting, peeling out, yellow gummy vitamins... classic!

    ReplyDelete