Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to school

All around the world parents are shopping & praising God this week. No, it's not Christmas. It's time for kids to go back to school!! Yay!! I can honestly say I will miss my kids. I enjoy the lazy days of summer & their friends running in & out. I enjoy play dates where they can all be present. If I was a black belt in patience like a good friend of mine I would home school. Don't get me wrong I would love to. But my kids would learn nothing & I'd become one those moms that drinks..during the day. Spending more time w/ Jennifer has afforded my kids the chance to see home schooling up close & personal. It's an all day, every day thing. Kids are always learning, we know this. So every experience is turned into a learning experience. So this year my kids have voiced several times they'd like to be home schooled. When I laughed out loud they stood their ground. "Jennifer can teach us. We can go to the Coppock Academy." (Yes that's what they call her house) Wanting to save my friendship I had to let them down easy. "She has a 3 person class limit," I lied. Groans & whines wafted through the air reminding me maybe I'm ready for school to start....soon.

1 comment:

  1. LOL a three student limit! I love that! I think we will miss the boys when they go back to school to... we will have to get together some when they are home!

    ReplyDelete