Monday, August 3, 2009

Breakfast Shmeakfast

I saw this idea on another blog & as usual..ran with it. Using waffles to make a breakfast quick, easy & healthy..sign me up. Here is what we made our first go round: Elvis Special. Peanut butter & banana. While I was heating the waffles in the toaster I supervised the boys cutting their bananas using a butter knife. We spread the peanut butter on one waffle & placed the teeny tiny pieces of banana on top. We then placed the other waffle on top & PRESTO! Waffle Sandwich, Elvis style. It was easy, new & the boys ate very single bite!! I think it will be a great solution for those busy mornings!! Here are a few other toppings we are going to try:

Jelly
strawberries
cream cheese (all different flavors)
blueberries
egg, cheese & turkey
honey
cinnamon & sugar

It's awesome the way the boys are thinking of things to put on here & try. I'm thinking it would be easy to eat in the car as well. Anyway, they loved it & it made their morning. Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. Thant sounds awesome, I am going to have to try it. Everyone at our house loves waffles!

    ReplyDelete