Monday, April 6, 2009

Locker Room

On any given day at our house you will see random boys in underwear, shirtless & I'm almost afraid to admit...sometimes both. Apparently clothing gets in the way of random activities. The Wii usually has it's competitor's sans shirt for Reid & pants less for Reagan. Rowan has shown no preference yet. However I will say that it does take quite a few moments to wrangle him into pj's after his bath. Sometimes I fell a bit strange. Like for instance the other day Reid was in the shower. Reagan & Rowan in the bath. When they all surrounded me for clothes & lotion I got a little...claustrophobic. I looked around & found I was surrounded by..male genitalia. I know they're my kids & whatever but can I just say sometimes it's a bit much. I also believe that a certain motto must be given it's due. Boys can be gross. Farting in faces, burping, slaps on the butt. All commonplace. It's not their fault though. I had enough boys to create the locker room mentality so I take full responsibility. I look at it as practice. My kids will never be uncomfortable in the locker room, or anywhere else for that matter, when it's time to change for P.E. or sports. I will wait a couple of more years to work on the perfect towel snap. For their own safety.

** For your own entertainment purposes & my embarrassment I've included a list of questions/quotes heard around our house.

1. Who wants to smell my armpit?
2. Did you smell that? I just farted.
3. ______ just farted!! Gross!! (while sniffing the air & rushing towards that person laughing)
4. Come here I have to tell you something (burp in face).
5. Oh my gosh my feet stink. Come here & smell my socks.
6. Can I have more underwear? Just trust me..

3 comments:

  1. This sounds SO familiar! Mine would be nudists if I allowed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. /sigh MAN I wish I had brothers when I was a kid......

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last post comment was made by Kirk, not me....

    ReplyDelete