Monday, February 9, 2009

Is it crazy in here or is it just me?

I'm baaaack. Baseball practice started which means I said goodbye to my life. Why do these coaches do this? I have 2 kids. practice at 2 different places & of course different days. Men are responsible for this I just know it. A woman would have designated practice times staggered at many levels with coordinating times & drinks. But alas, a man is in charge. They seem allergic to common sense sometimes. Sports & thoughts of championship trophy's cloud their judgment. I cut them slack only because I myself, have behaved that way at numerous sales. But all of this means I've had to shift schedules, ask for help, & stop my horrible procrastination habit. Drats!! Forced to find a positive I've learned baseball wears kids out. Like falling asleep at the table, face in the food, sleeping in the next morning...exhausted. Can I get a AMEN?? Ha. Aside from the crazy baseball parents it's fun. BTW- Is it assault to crush Xanax or Valium in a brownie & serve it to these freaks? I mean it's almost my civic duty. Like taking keys from a drunk driver. It couldn't hurt might help? Their kids future apparently hinges on practice. Since there are so many scouts at Instructional T-Ball I guess I'm the lazy parent. Reagan's glove has seen about as much action as...well, you get the point. I thought I was paying these people to teach him? I am wrong. He's supposed to know all these things already? He's 5. He can barely dress himself, catching a flyball is nowhere on this kids radar. So come game time Reagan will be the kid picking flowers in the outfield. Hopefully the brownies will be ready & the crazy parents won't notice.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I know what you mean. This is Ethan's third year. It's crazy that they expect even a six year old to know that stuff. And it's not even fun for ethan any more. It's all about winning and competitiveness, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete