Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cookie

Reid & Reagan went back to school this week. You can't hear it but in my head the Hallelujah Chorus is playing. Rowan, however, is not happy. His playmates are gone. The house is a little more quiet but bubbers ( that's what we call Rowan) is so lost during the day. So we went to eat lunch w/ them @ school. Before I even saw Reid's class Rowan was already running down the hall & was wrapped around Reid's leg. Reid scooped him up & they were both so happy. I admit I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. We ate lunch w/ Reid. He even shared his ice cream w/ Rowan. That's a big deal in brother-land. We saw Reagan for a while & then it was time to go. On the way out Rowan got bummed again & asked if we could all come home together? I promised we'd see them soon & he asked if we could wait. Now keep in mind these are all the same kids that were willing to duke it out over the last bit of Honey Nut Cheerios this morning. My Mom radar is going off a little bit. Finally I gotta try.

"Bubbers do you miss Reid & Reagan?"
"Yea-I miss Reid."
"Just Reid, not Reagan."
"Uh-huh."
"Why?"
"Reid gets me cookies."

Apparently last week while I was busy doing whatever, Reid was the chocolate-chip supplier.
After school I got the whole story. Whenever I would tell Reid to watch Rowan while I took a shower he had to stop playing his video game. One day he asks Rowan if he'd sit still on his bed while he played a game...for a cookie. Of course he did. Reid said after that Rowan would just walk up to him & say "cookie." Reid said it was so cute he would get him one. The cookies are on the top shelf of the pantry now.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww, the poor little guy was having sugar withdrawls. That is such a CUTE story!

    ReplyDelete