Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Witching hour

So, in my family the "witching" hour is right before my husband gets home. It's past snack, before dinner, boredom has set in & I have no energy left. What is it about 4:30-5:00 that makes me wish tranqualizer guns were legal? I wish I had it in me to be June Cleaver. I would have dinner ready, kids clean & a cute outfit w/ matching apron on to greet my spouse upon arrival. Sadly, it's more than the opposite. It's like the evil twin of opposite. Kids are crazy, I'm checking the clock every minute & Greg is always stuck in traffic. My kids are allergic to the couch @ this hour because watching a show is not possible. Suddenly they have standards. The same kids that beg me to watch a moronic, talking sponge now have opinions on different shows. Amazing. After the 38th "No more snacks, get off your brother, get outta the kitchen, quit jumping on the couch, off the couch, etc" Gregs home & I breath in a sigh of relief. He's like my WWF tag team partner. Just when I'm about to get smacked across the face w/ a chair he tags in. Now I can go to the bathroom, put laundry up w/ my ipod on so I can block out the "noise" & various other things I can never get done for some reason. If I'm lucky we'll need something from the store.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the heels, we are supposed to be wearing heels while we vacuum.

    Our witching hour starts at 4pm and I have to say, it doesn't seem to matter if daddy is coming home or not.... maybe there is some freaky call of the moon at that time or something.

    ReplyDelete