Monday, January 12, 2009

Dinner Dilemna

Lately dinner with Rowan has been a struggle to say the least. He's always "full of eating." Tonight while everyone was enjoying my broccoli-rice casserole he was protesting. About 10 minutes into dinner Reid hands me my cell phone & walks away. A second later it rings & he asks to talk to Rowan. Rowan gets on the phone & his eyes lit up. Reid is acting like his most beloved character..Thomas the Train. First I'm shocked because that's a pretty great idea. Second, I'm impressed because this may work. Third, when one sibling goes out of their way to help another is a parents greatest accomplishment. Only Rowan's not buying it. He's telling "Thomas" he's full of eating" & he can just buy more trains. The 3 yr. old naivety has worn off. He starts pumping "Thomas" for info & sadly Sir Topham Hat needs him for something. Reid came back in the kitchen so pleased with himself I hated to see his plan not work. Promises of ice cream seem to fall on deaf ears so we had to resort to the last tactic we have. He can't get up until he eats 3 bites. Hey, it works on Super Nanny. 10 minutes later he's had his 3 bites & all is well in the Howard home. But I must say that was the most entertaining dinner we've had lately.

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture at the top. That is so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It totally captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it... Reid is so awesome! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reid is so awesome! That must have just melted your heart!

    ReplyDelete